We are now accepting applications for the University of California President’s Work Study Program for the 2022-2023 academic year.
President's Work Study enables international students to compete for on-campus jobs just like American students who are in the Work Study Program.
If you receive a President’s Work-Study award through OISS, any department that hires you only has to pay 40% of your salary. The Office of the President pays the other 60%. This makes you a more attractive job candidate since departments do not have to use as much of their annual budget to support your position. You can receive up to $1,100 as a Graduate student and $500 as an undergraduate student for each quarter that you are enrolled during the President’s Work-Study award year. You can use the maximum amount of the award in one quarter or spread it out over the course of the year. The Award is valid from July 1 to June 30.
- You must have a demonstrated financial need.
- You must be a full-time enrolled student in 2022-2023 working toward a UCSB undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Undergraduates must have a cumulative GPA of at least 2.0; graduate students must have a cumulative GPA of at least 3.0.
How to apply
- Download the application form here.
- Fill out form and obtain the required signature from your academic advisor.
- Return the completed application form to OISS. Applications considered as received. Apply early for primary consideration. Funding cannot be guaranteed.